LWVCO’s advocacy in the legislature is spearheaded by the Legislative Action Committee (LAC) and Staff Lobbyist, with League members across the state participating in Action Alerts.
Led by Jeannette Hillery, the Legislative Action Chair, and Staff Lobbyist Andrea Wilkins, the 25 volunteer lobbyists of the LAC analyze legislation and decide whether to support, oppose, or watch it, based on League positions.
- testifying in legislative committee hearings
- writing letters and emails to Representatives, Senators, the Governor, and the media
- encouraging League members to contact their legislators and local media
- participating in commissions and coalitions
- holding an annual Legislative Conference for League members and guests
- publishing the Legislative Letter every other week during session
Be Informed: Legislative Letter
Every two weeks during the session, the Legislative Letter is published and distributed to subscribers, legislators, the media, the Governor’s office, and local Leagues. You can read about each bill that is being followed by League, learn the provisions and the effects, and stay updated on their progress.
Subscribe to the Legislative Letter
For $30.00 all issues of the Legislative Letter will be sent via email for the 2018 Colorado Legislative Session.
Two ways to subscribe :
- Secure online charge card transaction below – Add to Cart
- Mail LAC Subscription form and check payable to LWVCO, 1410 Grant St., B204, Denver, CO 80203.
Please enter your Email Address before paying on online.
Legislative Letter 2018
NOTE: The Legislative Letter will be posted 3-4 days after publication.
To receive it quicker, please consider a subscription.
Legislative Letters from Previous Years
View Year 2016 View Year 2015 View Year 2014
View Year 2015 View Year 2014
View Year 2014