3333 Quebec St
Denver, CO 80207
LWVCO Making Democracy Work! Conference 2018
GROWTH, CHANGE, and OUTREACH
Saturday, September 29th
8:30 am – 3 pm (Program starts at 9:30 am)
Holiday Inn Stapleton Denver East
3333 Quebec St, Denver 80207
Discount Hotel Rooms available until August 29th
Book your room at League of Women Voters or call 1-866-380-6850
Mention LWV for a discount.
$65 per person
Attendance for all events, continental breakfast, and buffet lunch.
Purchase your ticket via charge card here
OR Mail check to LWVCO, 1410 Grant B204, Denver 80203
MDW 2018 Flyer attached to share or send into LWVCO with your check.
Why Attend the MAKING DEMOCRACY WORK! Conference on Sept. 29th?
For Growth, Change, and Outreach!
What you will gain:
- Make Amendment Y & Z (Redistricting) a BIG WIN for LWVCO this Mid-term election. Get an update on our strategies with Fair Maps Colorado. Learn how your local League can get involved.
- LWVCO is 95+% Caucasian and predominantly over 65 years of age. LWVUS has identified its lack of racial, economic, age and social diversity as an impediment to achieving its mission and as a barrier to greater impact and growth. Embracing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) is core to the League’s mission to empower voters and defend democracy. Learn how we will begin this journey to improve partnerships and collaborations for greater impact and embrace DEI. Hear all about from Regan Byrd a seasoned non-profit professional and anti-oppression speaker/trainer/activist.
- Share and learn what the local Leagues created for outreach and marketing related to Voter Service, Vote 411.org, and membership that are making a difference around the state. Plan to bring your materials and tell your local League’s story of success.
- Be informed for the mid-term election. It’s that time of year when Gerry Cummins, LWVCO VP Voter Service teaches us what we need to know on the ballot issues. Collect your ballot issue pamphlets.
- Get an update on our LWVCO Strategic Plan and what we have learned.
- Network with fellow Leaguers from around the state! Catch up and re-connect.
- And much more!
Here is the DRAFT MDW 2018 Agenda 0822 to view or download.